INFORMATION NOTICE pursuant to Article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679
By means of this information notice (the ’“Notice”), the Data Controller, as defined below, wish to inform You about the
purposes and methods of the processing of any personal data that You have provided via the website www.gavazzi-
automation.com (the “Website”) and Your rights granted by the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 concerning the protection of
natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and to the free movement of such data (the “GDPR”).
- Who is the Data Controller
The Data Controller is Carlo Gavazzi Handel A/S (“Gavazzi” or the “Data Controller”), with registered office in Over
Hadstenvej 40, 8370 Hadesten Denmark
- The personal data we process
- Common personal data
For the purposes set forth in this Notice, the Data Controller processes common personal data such as name, last
name, address, phone number, e-mail address and other contact details.
- Source of the personal data
Your personal data processed by the Data Controller is that provided directly by You through the relevant forms
available on the Website.
- Purposes and legal basis for processing, nature of personal data processing and consequences of a refusal to provide personal data
- Requests made by You through the Website
Your personal data may be processed by the Data Controller in order to satisfy any request from time to time made by
You through the relevant forms available on the Website (e.g. “contact us” or “literature request”).
The conferral of Your personal data is mandatory for the execution of Your request and Your refusal to provide the
personal data will result in the impossibility for the Data Controller to satisfy the requests from time to time expressed
by you through the Website.
The legal basis for the processing is the execution by the data Controller of a request expressed by You, therefore this
processing activity does not require Your consent.
The personal data collected for such purposes by the Data Controller will be processed only for the time necessary to
satisfy Your request and, in any case, will be deleted 6 months after the request has been handled.
- Fulfilment of a legal obligation
Your personal data will be also processed by Gavazzi for the fulfilment of obligations imposed by laws, regulations
and/or national or European legislation, or by supervisory and control bodies or by the judiciary authority or by other
For the pursuance of this purpose, the conferral of Your personal data is mandatory. Your refusal to provide the personal
data will result in the impossibility for the Data Controller to satisfy the request that You expressed pursuant to previous
The legal basis for the processing of personal data for this purpose is the fulfillment of a legal obligation. Therefore,
Your consent is not required.
Your personal data will be processed and stored only for as long as it is necessary to comply with the applicable
legislation (including any provision regarding the prescribed period).
- Direct marketing activities
Right to object to direct marketing activities
The Data Controller can use Your e-mail address to send You advertising communication (including newsletters) on
the activities and products of Gavazzi and of the group of companies of which Gavazzi is part (the “Gavazzi Group”).The legal basis for the processing is the legitimate interest of the Data Controller to keep you updated, as user of the
Website, on its commercial initiatives. Therefore, Your consent is not necessary for this processing activity.
For this purpose, the conferral of Your personal data is not mandatory, therefore Your refusal will not have any impact
on the possibility for the Data Controller to satisfy the requests from time to time expressed by You through the Website,
However, it will not allow the Data Controller to keep You updated on its offers and initiatives.
The personal data collected will be processed by the Data Controller until Your decision to interrupt the processing.
Each communication sent by e-mail will easily allow You to interrupt the processing of Your personal data.
We inform You that You have the right to object, at any moment, to direct marketing activities by contacting the Data
Controller at the address provided in the previous paragraph 1 of this Notice or at the following e-mail address
- How Your personal data will be processed
Your personal data will be processed, pursuant to the provisions of the GDPR, by means of paper, computerized and
telematic tools, strictly related to the purposes indicated above and with suitable methods in order to grant the security
and confidentiality required by Article 32 of the GDPR.
- Which recipients may Your personal data be communicated to and who may get to know it
For the purposes described in Article 3, Your personal data can be disclosed to Gavazzi’s employees and collaborators
who will operate as persons in charge of the processing and/or data processors.
The Data Controller may need to communicate Your personal data to third parties, who may or may not belong to the
Gavazzi Group and, for example, to the following categories:
- third parties who provide the Data Controller services for the management of the IT system;
- third parties who provide professional consulting, fiscal, legal and judicial services;
- authorities and supervisory and control bodies and, in general, public and private entities with public functions;
- employees and collaborators of the Gavazzi Group companies.
The subjects pertaining to the categories indicated above shall act, in some cases, as autonomous data controllers, in
other cases as data processors specifically appointed by Gavazzi pursuant to Article 28 of the GDPR..
The complete and updated list of the Companies belonging to the Gavazzi Group and/or of the third parties to whom
Your personal data can be communicated can be made as request available by the Data Controller.
Your personal data may be transferred outside the European Union only to the subjects indicated under paragraph 5
and only where there is an adequacy decision of the European Commission or another contractual safeguard, to be
provided by the data controllers involved (including Binding Corporate Rules and Standard Contract Clauses).
The personal data processed by Gavazzi is not diffused.
- Your right as data subject
With regard to the processing described in this Notice, as data subject You can, in accordance with the provisions of
the GDPR, exercise the rights set out in Articles from 15 to 21 of the GDPR and, in particular:
- right of access: right to obtain from the data controller confirmation as to whether or not Your personal data is
being processed, and, where that is the case, obtain access to Your personal data – including a copy of it – and
the communication, of the following information:
- purpose of the processing;
- type of personal data processed;
- recipients to whom the personal data was or will be communicated;d) data retention period or the criteria used to determine it;
- data rights (rectification, erasure of personal data, limitation of the processing and right to object to the processing);
- right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority;
- right to receive information on the source of Your personal data if it was not collected from You;
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling;
- right of rectification: right to obtain the rectification of inaccurate personal data and/or the integration of
incompleted personal data;
- right to erasure: right to obtain the erasure of Your personal data, if:
The right to erasure shall not apply in the case that the processing is necessary for the fulfillment of a legal
obligation or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or for the establishment, exercise or
defense of a legal claim.;
- the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed;
- You withdrew your consent and there is no other legal basis for the processing;
- You successfully objected to the processing of the personal data;
- the personal data has been unlawfully processed,
- the personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation;
- the personal data has been collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to in Article 8, first paragraph, GDPR.
- right to obtain the restriction of the processing: you have the right to obtain the restriction of the processing, if:
- You contest the accuracy of the personal data;
- the processing is unlawful and the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests the restriction of its use instead;
- You need your personal data for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim;
- right to object: you have the right to object to the processing of Your personal data, unless the Data Controller has a legitimate interest to continue with the processing;
- right of portability: you have the right to receive, in a structured, commonly used and readable format by an
automatic device Your personal data provided to the Data Controller and the right to communicate it to a different
data controller without impediment, if the processing is based on consent and is performed by automated means.
In addition, you have the right that Your personal data is directly communicated by Gavazzi to another data
controller, if this is technically feasible;
- you have the right to lodge a complaint to Datatilsynet Borgergade 28, 5 1300 Copenhagen K.
The above rights may be exercised by contacting the Data Controller at the contact details indicated under paragraph 1.
The exercise of Your right as a data subject is free pursuant to Article 12 of the GDPR. However, in case of manifestly
unfounded or excessive requests, also due to their repetitiveness, the Data Controller may charge a reasonable fee, in
light of the administrative costs incurred for managing Your request, or refuse to satisfy Your request.