Data Protection Policy
During the course of our business activities, Carlo Gavazzi collects and uses business data. Carlo Gavazzi want you to be fully aware how we will use any personal information we collect or provided by you through any business interaction or via our website. We take the privacy of your information very seriously and we aim to be clear and honourable about what information we hold about you and how we may use it.
What data we may collect?
We may collect the following Data from you whilst entering into any business activity:
- Job title
- Company Name
- Business Address
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
- Website address
- Business Registration Number
- VAT number
- IP address (automatically collected via website);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected via website);
- Operating system (automatically collected via website);
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are sent to the user's terminal equipment by visited websites; they are stored in the user's terminal equipment to be then re-transmitted to the websites on the user's subsequent visits to those websites.
They are used for several purposes, they have different features and may be used both by the owner of the website you are now navigating and by other websites ("third party" cookies).
As shown below you will find all the information on cookies stored by this website as well as all the information you need to manage your cookie preferences.
Remember that you can manage your cookie preferences also through the browser settings.
- Technical cookies, for which the user’s consent is not required
Users' prior consent is not necessary to install all these technical cookies that are therefore directly installed when the user accesses the website.
- Cookies that need user’s prior consent
All other non-technical cookies, different from the above mentioned ones, can be installed or activated only if the user has given prior explicit consent (opt-in) the first time he navigates the website. Consent can be expressed in broader terms through a banner placed in the landing page according to the instructions on the banner (by removing the banner through a click or clicking on the button OK or scrolling down the page or clicking on any other element of the page). Specific consent can also be given through the selection of individual cookies as illustrated below.
2.1.Third party’s cookies / Analytics cookies
If you don’t know which web browser and version you are using you can get all the information by clicking on the help button on the browser window.
If you already know which is your web browser please click on one of the following links to access to the settings page.
How do we use Data?
- For purposes of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679), the data controller is Carlo Gavazzi ES with registered office at
Avenida Iparraguirre 80, 48940 Leioa (Bizkaia) Spain, in the person of its pro tempore legal representative.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, we will never share your Data with any third parties or affiliates.
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when working with Carlo Gavazzi. Specifically, data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Performance of a contract to provide the products and services you have ordered with us or to receive the products and services we have ordered with suppliers;
- administer our website and provide customer services;
- meet legal, regulatory and compliance requirements;
- communicate with you;
- to seek trade references on you
- contact you about our products and services which we think might be of interest to you or an enhancement to current offering
How long do we retain Data?
- We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you are employed for the company that has an account, or we need to provide products or support to you.
- We will not hold your data for any longer than is required.
- Or until you request your information be deleted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Or where the law requires a specified period of time.
Your rights as Data Subjects
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your Data held by Carlo Gavazzi S.A. (“right of access"), where such Data is held.
- You have the right to request your Data held by Carlo Gavazzi S.A. be removed (“right to be forgotten") or to be ported to another provider (“right to portability").
- Individual “Information notice pursuant to Articles 13 and 14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679” for clients, suppliers, employees, candidates or images and audio-visual recordings is available on request to email@example.com
- You have the right to complain to the data protection regulator — in Spain, the Spanish Data Protection Agency (Agencia Española de Protecciòn de Datos) (AEPD)
We have the procedures in place to detect, report and investigate any data breaches and specifically those containing Data of Individuals, in-spite of whether this data is already in the public domain. We will notify the AEPD of a breach where it is likely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals, i.e. discrimination, damage to reputation, financial loss, loss of confidentiality or any other significant economic or social disadvantage.