UWP 3.0 GATEWAY CONTROLLER WITH NEW SECURE IoT FUNCTIONS
Enhanced cyber security and remote operation are the main features provided by the UWP 3.0 EDGE software release.
Lainate, March 2021 - Carlo Gavazzi Automation, the international electronics group with activities in the design, manufacture and marketing of electronic equipment, today presents the new UWP 3.0 gateway controller’s software release.
The UWP 3.0 ecosystem’s purpose is to provide a secure, reliable and scalable platform for energy efficiency management, building automation and car parking guidance.
With this further upgrade, the UWP 3.0 consolidates its role as an EDGE gateway, allowing secure remote interaction of the users with the installation in the field.
The main contents of the UWP 3.0 EDGE software release are:
• Enhanced cyber security. Security capabilities have been verified obtaining the Silver Level by UL Cyber security Labs in Frankfurt (https://verify.ul.com/verifications/487). A new UWP 3.0 SE (Security Enhanced) part number with official UL marking and rating will be available.
• Additional operational functions to facilitate daily usage by users at any level, including a backup system, a smoother upgrade procedure and the UCS to UWP 3.0 bridging function to configure meters remotely.
• The new VPN (virtual private network) powered by Carlo Gavazzi, makes it possible to connect to a remote UWP 3.0 item avoiding DNS, firewall, networking issues, simply by logging into our MAIA CLOUD portal.
“The current pandemic situation has accelerated the digitalization process at all levels: cyber security and remote operation are more and more important key selling points,” Alessio Costantini International Product Manager says. “By providing these features into the EDGE package, together with the embedded data automation and control automation capabilities of the UWP 3.0, we are now able to offer a unique combination of features enabling us to have access to more and more user cases and opportunities.”
Developed in our competence centre in Italy, the new EDGE software release for the UWP 3.0 provides an excellent mix of cyber security, communication, technology, flexible monitoring and control functions.
Main technical features
• Compact, 2DIN size
• Embedded Web Server with Energy Management functions
• Embedded Web Server with Car Parking Guidance functions
• Configurable functions for data automation and building automation
• Ecosystem of compatible devices, including more than 220 items: meters, sensors, actuators
• Many fieldbus communication options, including the Modbus, BACnet and LoRaWAN®
• Many IoT integration options
• MAIA Cloud VPN for remote operation
• Security capabilities verified to Silver Level by UL
ABOUT CARLO GAVAZZI AUTOMATION
Carlo Gavazzi Automation is an international electronics group with activities in the design, manufacture and marketing of electronic equipment targeted at the global markets of industrial and building automation. Carlo Gavazzi Automation provides customers with technologically innovative, high quality and competitive solutions, in compliance with their requirements and expectations through its 22 National Sales Companies in Europe, the Americas and Asia & Pacific, operating with its production sites in Denmark, Italy, Malta, Lithuania and China.
For further information:
Carlo Gavazzi Automation SpA - Via Milano 13 – 20045 Lainate (MI) - Italy Marketing & Communication - email@example.com - www.gavazziautomation.com